Monday, September 28, 2009

Sunday at Signal de Bougy

We spent a lovely Sunday morning at Signal de Bougy. We got there first thing in the morning when it was still a bit wet from rain the night before, but that didn't stop the kids from having fun.




In fact, they all came home a bit wet--the degree of wetness depending on the age. Muriel was extremely soggy, Niamh a little less so, and Rowan the least. But even Rowan needed new pants when we got home. Though Muriel is standing in the picture above, she spent most of her time on that particular piece of playground equipment sliding about on her tummy, gleefully mopping it all dry with her whole body.

We stopped by the park's artisanal bakery where the bread is cooked in a wood fired oven, and got a loaf of bread, some sugar rolls, and ham croissants for snack. All fabulous!! Poor Niamh was stuck with an ice cream cone (she didn't mind too much).

And in other news, Muriel took her first official steps last Thursday. It was just four or five, but every day she's been walking a bit more. She's our earliest walker yet at 11 months! She's been on the verge for so long, I've been waiting not-so-patiently for her to walk for the past month.

Muriel walking naturally made me think about the other children's first steps, and I'm a little appalled that I can't remember Niamh's at all. I know she was not walking on her first birthday. I know she was walking by the time we took our first trip to Paris later that year when she was fifteen months old. But can't remember at what point in that three month time period in the middle she actually took her first steps. Poor Niamh!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Muriel! You won't be carrying her as much, but you'll soon be running after her, Emily:). In my case the first steps, the first words, the first tooth, all come under the "I'll never ever forget this/no point in writing it down" bad category (or perhaps under the "I really trust my memory" even worse category) ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Muriel! What a thrilling first!

    I love the pictures of your kids on the swings at the park with all those gorgeous leaves beneath them! Switzerland is just so beautiful. I want to be there!

    ReplyDelete