- Approximately 11% of the gross domestic product is spent on the public health care system in Switzerland. The average for OECD countries is 8.8%. (All 2005 figures.)
- Total expenditure of health per capita is around $4,000.
- There are 321 hospitals in Switzerland (2007). 68% are public, 38% are private.
- The average stay is 10.9 days.
- Cases treated in 2007: hospitals 1.15 million, psychiatric clinics 107,000 and special clinics 209,000.
Source: World Health Statistics 2008, Federal Statistics Office, Swiss Hospital Association
The complete article can be found here.