Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rowan: en français and a la Hobbes

Today Rowan was eating lunch when he said, in the most natural way possible, "Ooh la la! I have the hiccups!" His journey towards bilingualism is new enough that Pat and I still find it entertaining when he throws the random french phrase into his speech. Especially when it's something like ooh la la--such a stereotypical thing for a french speaker to say. Something that, before moving here, I didn't think anyone actually said in real life.



This picture is from dinner, not lunch, and besides needing a picture to go with this post, I'm also including it because after I told him to stop playing with his toasted cheese sandwich he said "That's what Hobbes does sometimes." Well, how could I possibly say no to something Hobbes does?

No comments:

Post a Comment