Monday, April 20, 2009

I don't think jelly beans should do this:



Pat was opening this tin egg (it was a little tough to pull apart) in the kitchen, and when it finally opened the jelly beans inside scattered all over the tile floor, many of them shattering. That is just not right. Unfortunately, these are the only kind of jelly bean, other than overpriced jelly bellys, that I was able to find in Morges. At least the purchase wasn't a total loss--I really like the tin eggs that held the ersatz jelly beans (look at me throwing out the Lemony Snicket vocab!).

There is a confection which can be found at a local boulangerie that looks similar to a jelly bean, but the texture is totally different. They are kind of crunchy with a little bit of a liquid inside. I don't know what they're called, but they are fabulous! They don't however make a suitable jelly bean substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment