Monday, August 31, 2009

Payerne

On Sunday we took the train to Payerne to see it's 11th century abbey church which was part of the former Benedictine abbey founded in the 10th century. Pat and I both agreed that it was worth visiting, but doesn't make our list of top ten things to do while in Switzerland. There was no photography allowed inside the church, so photos are limited. A small room next door to the church (cloister??) had been turned into a little informational exhibit and I did take a few photos there because there were no signs saying not to. Pat says that is following the letter of the law and not the spirit of it...he is much more law abiding than I am (and we all know what a crazy rule breaker I am), as I would have sneaked photos inside the church if it wouldn't have made him twitch.





While I was taking the above photo, I turned around and noticed Niamh engaged in some rather interesting stroller antics:



A zoom lens sure makes it easier to spy on your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment