Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Je voudrais un rendez-vous pour mon fils.

Rowan fell on his face last week and one of his front teeth is starting to turn dark. We decided to take him to the dentist to see if anything is wrong. I went to the dentist office and said "Je voudrais un rendez-vous pour mon fils (I would like an appointment for my son.)" The conversation went a little further in french before switching to english.

Rowan's appoint is on Thursday, so I'm sure I'll have more to write tomorrow night. He seems fairly excited and he has been practicing opening his mouth as wide as he can.

As for my opening sentence, it should have been "Je voudrais faire un rendez-vous pour mon fils." That translates to "I would like to make an appointment for my son."

I used google translate to determine how to say "his tooth is becoming dark" and the translator provided text that meant that "his tooth was night fall." I'm glad I reviewed it with a coworker before going to the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment