Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ireland: Day 8


We left our rental on day eight and headed back towards Dublin. We decided to go to the Rock of Cashel (above) on the way. It took 4-5 hours to get to there from Portmagee, so we were a little beat down when we got there. It was interesting, but I'm not really sure if it was worth going out of our way. I can't believe that Rick Steves gave it three triangles(his highest rating). We ate a very good lunch in a little pub before getting back in the car.

Rowan got really excited about "feeding the car," so he helped me put gas in the car. The traffic was horrible as we got near Dublin, so the last 40 km took a long time. Oddly enough, earlier in the trip we listened to a radio call in show where people were referring to this section of road as "the Dublin parking lot." We stayed at a hotel at the airport to make things easier the next morning.

I think it was the most exhausting day of the trip and I ended up with a migraine. I got to test out my Swiss migraine medicine and it seemed to work. It didn't make my heart feel like it was going to pop out of my chest, so that was a definite improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment