Friday, July 11, 2008

First Night in Dublin

We had pizza for dinner last night. It was close and we could bring it back to the hotel, which met my major criteria. Rowan melted down when we went for dinner, so I didn't want to try to sit in a restaurant.

The place we chose was Apache Pizza. It was okay, but not great. I think one of the pizza places in Florence set my pizza expectations a bit too high for the rest of the world.

It is now almost 7AM and I think we have survived the night. The room has a double and a single bed, plus they put a portable crib in for Niamh. We moved the single so that Rowan had more space on the floor and he slept until 5:30 (6:30 CET/Swiss). Niamh is still asleep, but did wake up once. She is getting to be too big for portable cribs and she got her body stuck and couldn't move. Emily turned into a boot camp instructor, got right in Niamh's face and told her to go back to sleep. Niamh became quite and I hasn't made a noise in the last six hours.

Rowan is sitting on the bed watching Little Einsteins on the iPod. Rowan's TV watching goes up significantly when we are on airplanes or in small hotel rooms waiting for Niamh to get up.

Emily just tried to take a shower and couldn't figure out the controls. I managed to figure it out, but not before getting extremely wet. I learned that I should always check where the shower head is pointed prior to messing with the show controls

No comments:

Post a Comment