Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Documentation needed

Here is the documentation needed to get #3 setup in Switzerland and the US.

Switzerland
  • Certified copy of my birth certificate (issued in the last 6 months)
  • Certified copy of Emily's birth certificates (issued in the last 6 months)
  • Certified copy of our marriage certificate (issued in the last 6 months)
  • I assume we'll also need to show our residence permits, but that hasn't been on any of the lists I've seen yet

US

  • DS-2029 (I think this is the "report of birth abroad" form)
  • DS-11 (passport form)
  • SS-5 (application for US social security number)
  • #3's Swiss birth certificate
  • #3's Swiss birth certificate
  • My passport
  • Emily's passport
  • Certified copy of our marriage certificate

Both Emily and I will need to go with #3 (and probably #1 and #2) to the consulate in Geneva. I'm guessing 4-5 months before everything is done and we have a US passport and social security number in our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment