Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

Rowan and Niamh had their first Swiss Easter experience today. It was actually very similar to US Easter experiences – the only difference was the chocolate was produced locally.

Rowan enjoyed looking for the eggs and Niamh enjoyed trying to put whole eggs into her mouth. She also enjoyed dropping them and listening to them crack. Pictures of the egg fun should be posted soon. We spent Saturday night trying to find an English language church service, which isn’t as easy as it sounds. There were multiple options, but we were trying to find one that didn’t conflict with nap times (8-10AM and 12:30 -3:00PM). We ended up finding one in St Sulpice at 10:30. I took Rowan down to the crèche (nursery) and ended up staying down there the entire time. It was a bit crazy. I’ve never been around so many kids under the age of three. It was the first time I’ve been in a church nursery in a nuclear shelter. It seemed a bit odd. I met a few of the other parents, so we might have found some kids for Rowan to play with.

We made fondue this evening. We were going to use our new fondue set, but ran into a few problems. First, we didn’t have a way to light the little burner. I ended up walking to the train station and buying a lighter. I got home and realized that there wasn’t any fuel in the tank. The fondue was made on the stove.

Not much else to report here. I think we’re off to another castle in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Em, Pat, Rowan & Niahm!! Happy Easter to you too!! Georgia gave me your website, and I LOVE hearing about all your adventures!! I miss you! Em, remember all those Easters and Grandma & Papa's??! So much fun! Pat, my dad would be proud that you are a roundabout fan now!! He has preached that for years!! Anyways, I hope all is well, and keep in touch!!
    Love,
    Karen ;-)

    ReplyDelete