- The staff in Switzerland is close, but not fluent in English.
- In Switzerland there are only three people (doctor, mid-wife, nurse?)in the room. There were many more in the US
- Doctors/nurses don't come in and out of the room as often in Switzerland
- The rooms aren't as father friendly - no space for the father to sleep
- Security isn't as tight or at least doesn't seem that way. In Seattle babies are required to have a band on them that matches the parent's band and sets off an alarm if the baby is taken outside the maternity ward. No parents for the bands or alarms in Morges
Monday, October 13, 2008
Differences between having a baby in US and Switzerland
Here are a few of the differences I noticed between having a baby in the US and Switzerland.