Friday, March 9, 2007

An action packed week

We made significant progress this week. Sunday was spent organizing the house and taking stuff to Goodwill and the dump. By the end of the day we were ready for the packers to arrive. Two individuals came on Monday morning to pack all of our stuff. I was surprised to see that they could pack everything we owned in about 5 hours. The movers came on Tuesday and it took them about 5 hours to move everything to the truck. It'll be about 3 weeks before we see the air shipment and about 7 weeks before the surface shipment arrives. I'm curious to see how much gets lost or damaged in transit.

Wednesday was spent cleaning and installing the air gap on the dishwasher. The cleaning went fine, but we had to make 7 trips to the hardware store to get the air gap installed. My plumbing skills are horrible. I know I shouldn't have waited until the last day, but it seemed like a good idea at some point. Today we sent in the closing paperwork and handed our key in. I just received confirmation that the house sale has closed.

Tomorrow we have a few errands to run and then we should be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment