The inspector found 7 items that need to be fixed prior to selling the house.
1. Shrubs need to be cut back from the side of the house. There weren't any indications of bug problems, but they want to be extra careful
2. Roof needs to be cleared off (What do they expect after all the wind we've had the last few weeks?)
3. Dishwasher needs an air cap. I'm not sure what this envolves, but I assume it can't be too difficult.
4. Cracked sink needs to be replaced. We have agreeded that this doesn't really need to happen since it is just a cosmetic crack.
5. Smoke detectors need to work. I'm not exactly sure what the inspectors problem was. We tested it right after he left and it worked fine for us.
6. Gargage roof needs to be replaced. This isn't too big a surprise. It has need to be replaced for a number of years.
7. The retaining wall in the back needs to be reviewed again to see if it needs to be replaced.
I'm not too worried about the first 5 items, but the last 2 could take some time. We are investigating whether we can just get estimates and then reduce the house's selling price.