Friday, September 5, 2008

Will I be qualified to help with homework?

Here is an excerpt from an email from the expat Yahoo group. I read it multiple times and still was still confused by the assignment. I guess I have a lot to learn before Rowan goes to school.

My son is in the 1st Klasse of Swiss school. He is learning letter sounds
by cutting out pictures of mouth shapes which represent the sounds. His homework
today consists of two words which are shown as 4 different faces, with different
mouth shapes. He has to draw a picture of the word.He can't figure out one mouth
shape, and I've gone through the letters of the alphabet with him, but we are
still nowhere nearer to working it out. It has a slightly open mouth, showing
the teeth and lines coming out of the nose. I thought it might be n, but he
insists that it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment