Saturday, March 1, 2008

A trip to the dentist

I have been putting off going to the dentist for a couple of reasons:

* I had bad experiences with an evil* dentist as a child
* I was told that the dentist speaks English, but the dental hygienist and receptionist do not.

*My mother believes my first dentist qualifies for sainthood.

The experience was much better than I expected. I had to fill out a medical history, but no insurance information. I believe that many people do not have dental insurance here and I'm not sure how much Agilent's insurance covers, so it will be interesting to get the bill.

This dental office is a bit different than the dentist office's I've been to recently. My last dentist had five chairs and seemed to keep them all full. This dentist only had two chairs - one for the dentist and one for the hygienist. I'm hoping that is just how it is down here and not an indication that he can't get enough business due to his skills.

All in all it was a good trip- one cracked filling which was replaced earlier this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment